Long State is a private investment company specializing in investing and funding growth-oriented companies.
We invest globally, including opportunities in Australia, Canada, Chile, the European Economic Area (EEA) countries, Fiji, Singapore, South Africa, the United Kingdom and the United States.
We seek to develop and maintain long-term partnerships, and work jointly to create value through accretive initiatives.
We invest in and provide funding to growth-oriented companies
- of key success attributes and growth prospects
- whose businesses are strategically aligned with macro themes
- run by strong and experienced management teams with proven track records
- that can execute their business plans and achieve their milestones and deliverables
- with good corporate governance
We offer financing solutions addressing companies short- to medium-term and on-going funding needs
- comprehensive solution across capital structure
- structure to ensure our interest and the company’s are aligned to achieve a “win-win” outcome
- customized and flexible funding methodology to address each company’s unique capital requirements and other considerations.
- financing complementary to other available alternatives
- funding could be tied to milestones and other deliverables
We leverage on our extensive network in Asia Pacific and North America and work with companies on value enhancing arrangements.
- Introduce potential customers and arrange for offtakes and long-term supply agreements.
- Identify, negotiate and consummate technical collaboration and licensing arrangements.
- Make Introductions and help to negotiate for strategic alliances and partnerships.
- Arrange for marketing and distribution agreements globally.
- Help to secure project financings, product prepayments, licensing payments, government grant, credit and funding facilities.
- Help to arrange for strategic investments and financings.
- Source and identify accretive and / or strategically advantageous M&A targets and opportunities, and help to negotiate and consummate transactions.
- Advise on sale, divesting, spin-off and other corporate initiatives that would enhance the value of the business.
Management & Board Strengthening
- Help to identify, introduce and attract senior executives and management talents.
- Identify and introduce potential board members
We have strong expertise and significant experience in these sectors:
- Oil & Gas
- Renewable and Clean Energy
- Biotechnology, Healthcare, Life Sciences and Pharmaceuticals
- Technology and Applied Science (AI, AR / VR technologies, advanced materials, battery technology and related supply chain, blockchains, cybersecurity, fintech, machine learning, transaction management technology)
Our principals and team members have significant corporate finance, legal, public company and start-up experience, and held directorships, and key leadership, management and technical positions in listed companies, investment funds, hedge funds, private equity firms, investment banks and start-up and early stage companies.
Our team members hold memberships in well regarded organizations globally, including the Australian Institute of Company Directors and China Non-Metallic Minerals Association.
With backgrounds in industry, corporate and finance, we understand the challenges facing growth-oriented companies to balance the need to grow and expand verses capital needs and potential dilution.
Bobby co-founded Sabana Shari'ah Compliant Industrial Real Estate Investment Trust (Sabana), the world's largest publicly-listed Shari'ah Compliant REIT with current AUM of US$1 billion. He is instrumental in the creation, capital raising and the listing of the Sabana REIT. Sabana is the first Shari'ah Compliant REIT listed in Singapore and is the first listed REIT globally to adopt GCC Shari'ah Compliant standard. Under Bobby's leadership, Sabana has won numerous awards, including IPO Deal of the Year (2010) and Real Estate Deal of the Year (2010) by Islamic Finance News, Triple A Award for Best Deal in Singapore and Most Innovative Islamic Deal by the Asset Magazine, and The Most Outstanding Islamic REIT at the KLIFF Islamic Finance Awards Ceremony in conjunction with the 8th Kuala Lumpur Islamic Finance Forum (KLIFF 2011). Bobby has significant experience and has held various positions in media, finance and investors relations prior to founding Sabana. Bobby began his career working as an Operations Executive for the People's Action Party of Singapore at its headquarters. Bobby holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree in Management from the University of Western Sydney and a Master of Business Systems degree from Monash University. Bobby is based in Singapore.
Philip has over 25 years of corporate finance, private equity and investment management experience. Prior to joining Long State, Philip was the Senior Managing Director and Head of Global Investments at a $1.5b U.S.-based fund manager. He was responsible for the fund’s investments and transactions in Australia, Canada and the Asia Pacific region, and certain high-profile financings in Europe and the United Kingdom. Before that, Philip held managerial positions at various investment banks including Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. and KeyBanc Capital Markets, where he specialized in corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and bankruptcy reorganization. Philip received a BS in Chemical Engineering from Columbia University, and an MBA from Carnegie Mellon University. Philip obtained NASD Series 7 and Series 63 licenses in the United States, and Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission Type 1 & 6 licenses. Philip is based in New York.
Ben leads the firm in investing in renewable ventures in the Asia Pacific Region. Ben founded CPE Mother Earth Limited, a leading Chinese based bio-fuel supplier. He was also the Managing Director and co-founder of China Petroleum Bio-Energy Holdings Limited, one of the largest Chinese bio-fuel companies. Ben received a BA in Accounting and Information Systems from the State University of New York. He also holds security and insurance licenses from NASD and the State of New York. Ben is based in New York.
Jesse has significant experience as an exploration geologist. He was Project Geologist at Ivanhoe Australia and Yukon Nevada Gold Corporation (Canada). In addition, Jesse acted as a consultant to major international banks and private equity houses and advised on mining investments and M&A projects. Jesse received his Bachelor of Science in Geology and Geophysics from the University of Hawaii at Manoa.
Room 508, 5th Floor Wing On House
71 Des Voeux Road Central
Central, Hong Kong
157 Columbus Avenue
4th Floor, New York
NY 10023, USA
- +1-212 763 7718
- +1-801 659 3309